Community Eligibility Provision

Community Eligibility Provision

West Mifflin Area School District

1020 Lebanon Road, Suite 250

West Mifflin, PA 15122


Dear Parent or Guardian:


We are pleased to inform you that all West Mifflin Area School District Elementary Schools, which include, Clara Barton, Emerson and Homeville Elementary, will be participating in a new option available to schools as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the School Year 2016-2017.


The GREAT NEWS is that ALL students enrolled at our elementary schools are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at NO CHARGE to your household each day of the 2016-2017 school year.


If your child currently has a balance on his/her account, this can be used to purchase a healthy snack or ala carte item. 


If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at (412) 466-2978.



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online[i], and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)        Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)        Fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)        Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.